Our 14th annual Seek the Peak race is fast approaching we want to make sure you have all the info you need to rock those race day hills. Stay tuned as we share some helpful training and preparation tips to support your journey, all the way to the Peak!
Fundraising is an incredibly important component of our annual Seek the Peak race. Since 2004, this unique event has raised over $400,000 in support of cancer research in British Columbia. By fundraising in partnership with your entry in Seek the Peak, you show your support for those experiencing life with cancer by providing much needed funds to leading-edge research happening at the BC Cancer Agency.
This year our goal is to raise $40,000 and to do that, we need your help. Here are some tips from BC Cancer Foundation to kick-start your fundraising:
1. GET TO KNOW YOUR PERSONAL FUNDRAISING PAGE: Personalize your page with a photo, and take advantage of the draft letters and other email tools in the Participant Centre.
2. TELL YOUR STORY: Who inspired you to do this? Your donors will be more inclined to give if they know why you are doing this.
3. SET YOUR GOAL HIGH: When you get within $100 of your goal, increase your total!
4. SECURE YOUR FIRST DONATION TODAY: Think of the people who you know will donate to your fundraising efforts—your partner, family, friends, co-worker, boss, etc.
5. SEND AN EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW: Think wider than family and friends— local businesses, work, sporting clubs, etc. Remember to include the link to your personal fundraising page in any email you send out.
6. GET ACTIVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA: 90% of donations now come in online. Share your story and a link to your personal page over your social networks. We suggest Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
To set up your fundraising page, head over to the BC Cancer Foundation website!