Each week we’ll be featuring posts from special guests designed to help get you ready for the big day. From nutrition info, to training tips, to motivational stories – each post will have valuable info to support your journey, all the way to the Peak!
Seek the Peak is just over a week away and we can hardly contain our excitement! It’s almost time for all the training and hard work to pay off as we tackle those race day hills. Not only does Seek the Peak celebrate personal achievement but it also raises valuable funds for the BC Cancer Foundation. Whether you’re fundraising as part of a team or as an individual, every dollar you raise goes towards lifesaving work in the fight against breast cancer. As an added incentive, the top team and top individual fundraisers will win a case of delicious wine from Sumac Ridge Estate Winery to celebrate.
Here are some tips from BC Cancer Foundation to help you with your fundraising:
1. SECURE YOUR FIRST DONATION TODAY: Think of the people who you know will donate to your fundraising efforts—your partner, family, friends, co-worker, boss, etc.
2. GET TO KNOW YOUR PERSONAL FUNDRAISING PAGE:Personalize your page with a photo, and take advantage of the draft letters and other email tools in the Participant Centre.
3. TELL YOUR STORY: Who inspired you to do this? Your donors will be more inclined to give if they know why you are doing this.
4. SEND AN EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW: Think wider than family and friends— local businesses, work, sporting clubs, etc. Remember to include the link to your personal fundraising page in any email you send out.
5. GET ACTIVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA: 90% of donations now come in online. Share your story and a link to your personal page over your social networks. We suggest Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
6. SET YOUR GOAL HIGH: When you get within $100 of your goal, increase your total!
To set up your fundraising page, head over to the BC Cancer Foundation website!